• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Reason # 432,123,599,322 To Get Your Realtor/broker License

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
friend of mine is selling his house to a neighbor and didnt want to handle a real estate contract. so i wrote one for him and charged 1% for 1 hour's worth of work. MONEY!!! lol

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Someone should tell the AMCs to become RMCs

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Sounds to me like practicing law without a license.

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
In Indiana you can fill in the blanks in a preprinted contract (or any other legal document), (many available on line), but not write a complete contract. They stress that in CE classes for RE agents, refer to Tom's statement.
The property owner or the property buyer can write their own, however, if they are not an RE agent. Since appraisers are a part of RE code in the State that probably gos for appraisers to.

D

Deleted member 134708

Must not be to good of friends. US legal forms has whole FSBO packages, offer to purchase, real estate contracts, disclosure contracts etc for $49.

The Warrior Monk

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New York
Agents here don't fill out sales contracts; only attorneys fill them out due to liability reasons. If something goes wrong with a deal, which will happen many times over the course of a salesperson's career, the agent has provided any party suing one additional reason to sue them. IMHO, the liability isn't worth the compensation. If someone wants their 1%, they're better off doing various referrals; i.e., obtaining listings for an office (which someone else sells), referring people to various agents, etc.

Sid Holderly

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Indiana
The lawyers for the State ASSN of REALTORS developed the forms that most use with the variable blanks as needed. The forms also include limitations on the seller/buyers recourse to the agent.
There is a form, amendment, adendun for many situations.
A lawyer generally owns the local title company and signs off on those documents and the deed.

RE agents and appraisers shirk their duties when they assume the County Data is correct. Assessors only rarely visit a property and make a detailed building by building inspection.
Total square footage, living area, basements, outbuldings often are different from the Public published data.

However, there are few disagreements that end up with the State Attorney General (Real Estate Licensing agency) for legal action.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Actually, here in AZ no lawyers are required for RE contracts and they RARELY get involved.

He was not an agent involved in the transaction. He was performing a service for which he is not licensed.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
88 ain't never worried about ethics, just $. I'm surprised he isn't on the Coester management team. He sure advertises with teasers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks