• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Reason To Decline Assignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Direct lender request to appraise a 1,050 sf residence, under contract @ $1,340,000 or $45,000 above asking price. No comparable sales available that are above $1,150,000.

Long list of "valid" list from lender stating reason to decline. However, on the list, there is not the rationale that the last time we danced this tune, lender sent 6 non-screened "comparables" provided by the borrower. In the past I would not have hesitated to accept the assignment. No amount of fee or extended tat is compensation enough for the kinetic energy it will take to fight off the stips in this situation.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Direct lender request to appraise a 1,050 sf residence, under contract @ $1,340,000 or $45,000 above asking price. No comparable sales available that are above $1,150,000.

Long list of "valid" list from lender stating reason to decline. However, on the list, there is not the rationale that the last time we danced this tune, lender sent 6 non-screened "comparables" provided by the borrower. In the past I would not have hesitated to accept the assignment. No amount of fee or extended tat is compensation enough for the kinetic energy it will take to fight off the stips in this situation.

I like your descriptive phrase, "kinetic energy", which means energy that a body possesses by virtue of being in motion. :rof:

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Pennsylvania

What's the loan amount on the agreement of sale?
What? it's making your eyes water?
Sorry client, I have a conflict of interest.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
LA $268,000.

norapp

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York

My line is "This is a headache I don't need".

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Weak, you are all weak....
I'm weak too....

Thank goodness there are those appraisers whose mantra is....
"Appraisers got to appraise"

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
Use: Workload
They ignore that, it won't keep them from sending you next appraisal order in queue,

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Yup, workload. It's always workload. It also has the virtue of almost always being true. I really don't like to lie.

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Some clients (AMCs) will stop sending work for a week or 2 if you use Workload.....
I find Fee works better....
Or another option...
The generic "Other".....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks