• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Recommendations for REALISTIC Austin, Tx Appraisers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

My house is actually in Cedar Park, a suburb of Austin. Would anyone be able to recommend appaisers that they know provide solid, realistic appraisals?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Scott

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
The best appraiser I knew in Austin died recently, so I can't give a specific name. However, I would go to the Appraisal Institute or NAIFA websites and check for appraisers in the area, then call them. Call early or late - they're generally out in the field. Don't call an MAI, they don't do residential work.

Ask them if they work your area, some will, some won't. They should be reasonably specific about your fee. Also, ask them about different forms and types of appraisals. You may only need a 2055 as opposed to a 1004. Also ask time frames, etc. Don't ask them what they think your house is worth -- they won't know until they complete the report.

Finally, hire the one you're comfortable with. Good luck

A

Anonymous

RS,

Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely follow it if I can't get any direct referrals. In that case, it will be very, very helpful!

If anyone has any direct referrals of people they know to be realistic and accurate, I would still appreciate that info too.

Sincerely,
Scott

Tejus

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Scott, if you're still looking then contact me at [email protected]. I currently live in the Lakeway area, have been in Austin for approx 20 yr.

hasta la vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks