• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Refi Slowdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Robinson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Alabama
Refi’s are slowing and will probably continue to get slower as rates rise, so that’s probably 30-40% of my workload dropping to 15-20%. Anyone have suggestions on how they are dealing with this?

Bill75

Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Refi’s are slowing and will probably continue to get slower as rates rise, so that’s probably 30-40% of my workload dropping to 15-20%. Anyone have suggestions on how they are dealing with this?

Vacation :beer:

Tom4value

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Expand your client base! For mortgage financing, appraisals for purchase business is still going to be ok. Talk to your realtor contacts that are successful and ask them to recommend you to the lenders they use. Look at non-lender work. I literally just passed in an appraisal for a private party looking to get an idea on how much their waterfront home is worth. This was a referral from....a realtor! Talk to divorce and estate attorneys. As you know now, refies are low hanging fruit that doesn't last long.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Hobbies for the down and out. Learn to use a straight razor, don't buy blades. Build rabbit traps. Learn to fish. Get Euell Gibbons book on foraging wild plants. Make moonshine.

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Not only rates but appraisal waivers probably eating into refinance orders as well.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I picked up REO work and a few reviews. I do have a lot clients whose main line is purchasing, but like everyone else who does a lot of lender work, when refinance volume drops I will make less $. Learn a new skill , sideline, or enjoy a hobby- there is only so much $ to be made on the res side no matter what you do sometimes.

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Although refi's have declined in the near term as the affects from the recent tax law changes refi's should kick up a bit as homeowners consolodate loans

Don Clark

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
Haven't seen that in VA refis. NAR report a 3+% slow down in all sales nation wide.(Today's newspaper)

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I think rates are close to topping for the year.

A K

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
upload_2018-2-22_9-6-46.png

Sales chugging along. Anybody know a better site to track mortgage applications? This site looks like it is always three months or so behind. I want to see actual number of applications for purchase and refinance rather than a index.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks