• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Refinancing, getting an appraisal on my home....hmmm

David S. Roberson

Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Tennessee
I got a sketch from some other appraiser.
Still did my own measuring, they were close.
But included a stairwell twice. An open 2 story thing. Steps with no closet under.
A flying / open staircase, is that a thing? I counted it once. :shrug:
Same stairwell counts on each floor.

Basically Rectangular

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
I got a sketch from some other appraiser.
Still did my own measuring, they were close.
But included a stairwell twice. An open 2 story thing. Steps with no closet under.
A flying / open staircase, is that a thing? I counted it once. :shrug:
Don't ask questions, take the square footage.

Last edited:

chad hampton

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I count the stairwell on both floors. Unless you're talking about that little 2'x3' open area, but that's not worth the time to even put into the sketch IMO.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I count the stairwell on both floors. Unless you're talking about that little 2'x3' open area, but that's not worth the time to even put into the sketch IMO.
Agree, but I measured 8' x 9.5' = 76 SF. Not a big diff, but I try to get it right.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Well. Appraisal is in. Lord almighty what a piece of $&%#. Sale 2 was shown to be my house, which didn’t sell, left off the rear lanai, left off the large storage building. No comments about the updates and remodeling. We are so close to turning in this POS tomthe state. And we paid $500 for it. Bet the AMC paid less than half that to the appraiser.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Update: called the UW, pointed out the problems. Their answer was ‘Wow’! Rejected the appraisal, sent it back for ‘reconsideration’. Funny thing, the appraiser showed the lanai on the sketch, yet left it off. Aerial shows,the 8x20storage building, yet left it off. Thinking some staff actually wrote the appraiser from notes provided by the appraiser. Question now arises, what other junk did this company provide to the lender? And what is the lender going to do about other appraisals provided by the appraiser?

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks