• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

REO Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam strahan

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
I have been asked to do a HUD REO appraisal. Lender says its a conventional loan. However, it is done like an FHA appraisal, with VC sheets and everything. Any suggestions how to approach this.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Same as you would with any other appraisal.

Randy Beigh

Sam

I'm not tracking something.

The subject was a HUD REO? Is the subject being sold and the new loan is conventional? The subject is not being sold FHA?

Why would any conventional lender want a vc form? Doesn't make sense and have never heard of such a thing.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Happens often, they might be making a good contractor with good credit a rehab loan a need to know what repairs are needed.

Been there-ed

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Randy:

Ditto Ed's comment. I am seeing more of these from non HUD REO management companies... when they REALLY want to know some phsyical condition information: it is at least a familiar format and somewhat standardized as to what defines a repair condition, requiring comment.

However one needs to be very careful to ammend any boiler-plate to indicate that HUD is NOT an intended user, and that the purpose of the appraisal is simply to give the lender a slightly more complete idea of what repairs were observed....

I would also use a little extra CYA commentary to indicate that it is NOT a home inspection than I would with HUD as an intended user. I would also specifically indicate that the borrower is not an intended user of the data contained in the VC: perhaps even emulating the Homebuyers addendum, but with a little extra spice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks