• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

REO Guest Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
For those of you who do a lot of REOs, I’m curious; do you sign the REO “guest registry”? For those in Refi-ville, it’s a sheet that is usually attached to the kitchen counter which has a place for name, date, firm, etc.
I may occasionally glance at it out of curiosity to see who has been there, but have never signed one. Well, I got a call from the listing agent of an REO property asking why I didn’t sign the sheet at “his” listing. He was hissing the entire conversation which I found unsettling. He’s a high strung, back east type, (why do back east types hiss when they’re upset?) Anyway, I told him that the lender owns the property and already knows I’m going there and when they get the report, they will know when I was actually there. I proceeded to tell him that the REO sheet is intended for clean-up crews, the termite guy, casual labor people and realtors. When he heard this he hissed even more and the conversation got worse. Does anyone sign those silly sheets? I have NEVER had a lender even mention the things.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
never signed one of them. i probably would have been especially harsh so im glad i didnt get that call.

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
never signed one - never asked

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
(y) Tell him you'd be happy to go back out and sign it for a $100 trip fee and refer him to the client to request a follow-up inspection order...because I'm pretty sure that little task was not in the engagement.

Funny that the (likely) 30+ page report referencing an inspection date does not suffice.

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
(y) Tell him you'd be happy to go back out and sign it for a $100 trip fee and refer him to the client to request a follow-up inspection order...because I'm pretty sure that little task was not in the engagement.
Perfect!!! :clapping:

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Nope, I do not sign though I do peruse. I send a quick email to the list agent saying I was there and I left the place with anything I put on shut off and the doors locked.That is just so I am not (easily) blamed for any subsequent careless acts of others.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
I got tired of signing them. The houses are smelly, cold, and dirty. I don't spend any more time in them then is necessary.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Ditto Hicks.

Noreen

Professional Status
State
New Hampshire
No, this LB is being a fuss budget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks