• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Repair question

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.J.

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
We have done several FHA REO appraisals for a company lately. Recently their review department came back and said that our repair requirements are not in line with FHA requirements.

In the report we stated that the walls and ceilings were cracking and needed to be refinished and repainted. Also that the carpets and some floor coverings were in need of replacement due to various reasons.

He came back in said that stating the walls and ceilings need to be repaired is fine, however them being painted is not a requirement. He also stated that you can require the floor coverings to be removed but you cannot require them to be replaced.

I have searched all over the guidebook and have done everything short of calling HUD but I wanted to find out if anyone else has ran into this. Anyone have an idea? Been there? Done that? I would appreciate anything. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks