• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Response to Brokers comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Simpson

Logon to www.Inman.com for discussion regarding Appraiser's Unionizing to Rattle AVM's.

Click on Realty News @ the top lefthand section of the screen.

The comments in green along the righthand section of the (new) screen are in response to an Oregon Broker's letter to the Editor regarding her opinion of Appraiser's ability to do our jobs!

Her comments can be found by scrolling through the items in the middle of the page under the heading "Appraiser's Unionize to Rattle AVM's" - or something to that affect.

I think you'll find these letter make interesting reading. I guess I've just had it with some who seem to think making other look bad, makes them look good.

-Mike

Mike Simpson

Nope...still gotta click on Realty News @ the top left hand corner of the page to view the rebuttal - which is then in the green section @ the left.

-Mike

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Great rebuttal, Mike!

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Like the response mike. 8)

Ryan

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
Wow, Mike - you are the king of the appraisers! Think the the real estate agents can read or "will" read it?

Just yesterday, I had a homeowner tell me that in every instance in buying or selling a house, the real estate agent provided him with "comps" - most of which were not remotely related to what he was interested in purchasing or was selling. He actually said that! I was flabergasted!

Then, this afternoon a homeowner called to tell me he received his copy of the appraisal (almost immediately and by UPS) from a management company that I do work for, and what a good, thorough, professional job I had done. Is it Christmas already?

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I have always suspected that RE agents know about FHA repairs needed, but make FHA contracts anyway because they know certain appraisers will overlook repairs. That way they know they don't have to make owner's do repairs unless the appraiser doesn't play ball. At least, that is my suspicion, since I am continually hammered for requiring FHA repairs (especially chipped and peeling paint). I actually believe they don't expect the repairs to be noted and get their way more times than not.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Congratulations, Judy! Savor the rare moment!!!!

Tim, Since I'm also often told that I'm the ONLY APPRAISER that ever does ....... or ........ - we now know they are lying! It's you and me and a bunch of other forumites. We are NOT the ONLY ones.

I'm so sick of dealing with slimey scum right now I feel like I need a shower with a good scrubbing. Does that stuff get on you from over the phone?

Just heard from a lender that an appraiser they had been using can't be found anymore and seems to have suddenly closed up. Originally, this was a big 'so what'. EXCEPT, he has about 20 of their orders, FHA refis, throughout the state, paid via COD by the borrower at the time of inspection, that have not been completed and sent in.

My biggest question was just how did this one fellow do that many FHA appraisals all over the state in just a couple of days??????? Hhhhmmmmm?????????????? Didn't that question pop into any of the lender's heads?????

:2gunfire: :2gunfire: :2gunfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks