• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Rest in Peace Neil Peart

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Sad deal, I am sorry to hear it. He was one of the best ever. RIP Neil. :cry:

From Rolling Stone:

Neil Peart, the drummer and lyricist for Rush, died Tuesday, January 7th, in Santa Monica, California at age 67, according to Elliot Mintz, a family spokesperson. The cause was brain cancer, which he had been quietly battling for three-and-a-half years. A representative for the band confirmed the news to Rolling Stone.

Peart was one of rock’s greatest drummers, with a flamboyant yet utterly precise style that paid homage to his hero, the Who’s Keith Moon, while going well beyond that example. He joined singer-bassist Geddy Lee and guitarist Alex Lifeson in Rush in 1974, and his virtuosic playing and literate, wildly imaginative lyrics – which drew on Ayn Rand and science fiction, among other influences – helped make the trio one of the essential bands of the classic-rock era. His drum fills on songs like “Tom Sawyer” were pop hooks in their own right, each one an unforgettable mini-composition. A rigorous autodidact and a gifted writer, Peart was also the author of numerous books.

In a statement released Friday afternoon, Lee and Lifeson called Peart their “friend, soul brother and bandmate over 45 years,” and said he had been “incredibly brave” in his battle with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. “We ask that friends, fans, and media alike understandably respect the family’s need for privacy and peace at this extremely painful and difficult time,” Lee and Lifeson said. “Those wishing to express their condolences can choose a cancer research group or charity of their choice and make a donation in Neil Peart’s name. Rest in peace, brother.”

DTB

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
One of the absolute greats. RIP

J in Florida

Professional Status
State
Florida
Loss of a legend for sure. I'm not a huge Rush fan, but used to jam in Joe's garage and tell insane level talent when I hear it. He was insane talent.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Put on the DVD of the Clockwork Angels tour last night.
I'm so glad I saw that show back in 2012, and sprung for the best seats I could get.

Frank McKee

Sophomore Member
I saw Rush back in 1974 and they were great. I never saw them again and that's too bad.

Odd that it is said that Peart patterned his style after his hero, Keith Moon. Both are great drummers, but Moon certainly couldn't be said to be precise.

Amy Perkins

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Bummer, I saw them in concert and they were amazing live... RIP

Dublin ohio

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
Saw them in 1990 when I was still a stage hand. Met the whole band during sound check. My seat during the concert was in a truss over the stage running a spot light

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks