• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Retail Meltdown Tens Of Thousands Out Of Work More To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

miktay

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Interesting chart. Looks like about 42% of Radio Shacks are going away this year. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Radio Shaft has been circling the drain for years. Sears. Penneys. Macys. :shrug:

I think a lot depends on location. Some places turn into ghost towns or circle their own drain.
Others reinvent the wheel and grow anew after a period of economic stagnation.

Fasten your seat harness, reach back and light the fuse on that rocket!
Err, there's a lot going on here. :peace:

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
And here is an example that fits right in with that. Building a "mixed-use lifestyle center" (LOL) to replace an old Macys and a big parking lot. :clapping:
Well, don't think I'll be living or shopping there, but new is good, right? :peace:

http://nohowest.com/

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
We have a mall close to us that is down to four stores and one of them (last time I was there) was Payless.

Clothing retailers have been in a downward spiral for a few years with the exception of the high-end ones. It looks like a lot of malls will lose a lot of tenants very soon.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Is that one of those California gender-identity places??

What??? :cautious:

You can be whatever gender you want here. I forget how many there are now. There is not a problem, call it tolerance.
If you are easily confused, I suggest you avoid West Hollywood. Otoh, for a good time... :leeann2:

Personally, I stick with the old school M A N. :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks