• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Retrospective Appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark peters

Freshman Member
I am doing a retrospective appraisal and wondering what the effective date and the signed date will be.
My thoughts are that the effective date will be the date that the client wants me to appraise for (retrospective date) and the signed date will be when I actually sign the report. I am sure this appears to be pretty obvious but just want to make sure. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

Mark

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Mark,
You are correct. Every Time I do a retrospective appraisal I explain the difference between the valuation date and the inspection date in the comments area of the URAR.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I'm doing an estate appraisal right now. The date is as of the date of death and the comparables are researched accordingly. You can use one that closed after the date, but it needs to have been under contract prior to the effective date of the appraisal.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks