• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Retype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Leith

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Had a MB call us 2 days ago and ask for a retype of an appraisal we did for one of our clients. Original appraisal was done approx. 2 weeks ago. We informed them that it would have to be a new assignment and to send a new appraisal request form and we would be happy to do it right away for them..

He called back today asking for a copy of our E&O insurance and license and because the Condo was not on the FHA condo approved list, they want a comment on that.

When I asked when he wanted us to do the new assignment, he stated that he had an AMC that would guarantee the original appraisal and that they did not need us to do or change anything except for the request above.

Am I missing something???? What is going on here??????? m2:: shrug:

Mark

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
They want to cheat out a fee in some way. They have a copy and need the change to make it work. FTR, there is not a comment that I know of that would let this fly for a loan with HUD. Its either HUD approve complex or its not. Not your job.

Dont do anything.

PropertyEconomics

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
And I wouldnt send him a copy of your E&O Insurance either. Tell him to stuff it .. its essentially what he told you.

lizhorvath

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Not your client - you have nothing to say to him.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
http://mortgagefraudwatchlist.org/report.php

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Telephone:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Call toll-free, 1-800-347-3735, Monday through Friday, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Eastern Time.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fax:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](202) 708-4829[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]E-mail:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][email protected][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mail:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HUD OIG Hotline, GFI
451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20410
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anonymous reports will be accepted.[/FONT]

Webbed Feet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Canada
Mr. Leith,

I have a different take on this from everyone else. For a prepaid, nonrefundable, fee of $350... I'd be happy to take a consulting assignment that only had me sending the MBer a throughly redacted copy of insurance matters, a copy of my license they are too dumb to know is already available other places, and a single paragraph about what I could find about the condo project not being on the FHA approved list...

:rof: After that they would be free to knock themselves out.

Second assignment would not be an appraisal. In fact, I'm not even sure it qualifies as appraisal practice under consulting. So if the MBer does not want to order a new appraisal... fine by me!

P.S. More as to what is "going on." The entire appraisal trade is deeply in the process of shooting itself in both feet by continuing to do business with AMC's..... But it is every man for himself, is it not? It's a good thing the Titanic was not having an appraisal convention on that first cruise. Very few women and children would have made it off the ship.

Last edited:

Caligirl

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I would be glad to re-type my appraisal, word for word, for a fee of $500. I will submit it to the original client. I need to be paid before hand.

Riick

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Delaware
.........The entire appraisal trade is deeply in the process of shooting itself in both feet by continuing to do business with AMC's..... But it is every man for himself, is it not? ......
Do not feed the AMCs, or other parasites.
Whatever work you do for them will be used to further reduce your standard of living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks