• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Review Appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbflorida

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Does anyone know of companies, AMC's or otherwise, who specialize in reviews. I have heard that there is quite a bit of review work right now. I am just starting my own company, and could use a little volume. Thanks for any help out there.

V. Nightshade

Professional Status
State
California
Hi Jbflorida,

I was just going to post a similar inquiry, and I'm in a similar situation, but I see that no one has answered yours. Guess we'll have to figure it out ourselves. Did you find anything out? I'm in California, so there shouldn't be any "competition."

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Well, good review companies are probably closely held. All the offers i get are paying a whopping $150 - 200 MAX...PHAUCAHM...

Mike Siegfried

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Other than desk reviews for obvious data or clerical errors, I've always found that reviews, if done right, almost require as much work as the original appraisal and are thus not very profitable time-wise for what they want to pay. I probably put too much work into them, but if I sign it, I own it, so I'm very careful.

Mike

jbflorida

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
V. Nightshade,

Not much luck so far, I found 1 you could try, appraisalaudit.com, there mostly retros and require additional comps but fees are 275 - 300. Hope you have some luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks