• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Revised HVCC, Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom McClure

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Anyone have any idea when the new, revised version of the HVCC will be released? Or, any inside information on what might be changed in the new version?

Tom McClure, Ohio

hovious

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
Where did you here that the HVCC was going to be revised? From what I hear, it is going to be implemented as originally written. Have not heard anything otherwise...Fannie and Freddie will be releasing their new sales guides very soon. Then we will all know....

Tom McClure

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
From The Appraisal Institite Website:

"AppraiserCAST Episode 5
August, 2008
Home Valuation Code of Conduct Update, with Bill Garber, Director of Government and External Relations,
Appraisal Institute
Since the April 2008 comment period, what is happening with the pending Home Valuation Code of Conduct (HVCC)? Listen as Bill Garber, Director of Government and External Relations for the Appraisal Institute, provides an update on the Appraisal Institute’s take on the HVCC and recent legislative efforts surrounding this issue. Garber also discusses the landmark agreement that resulted in the creation of the HVCC and how appraisers can prepare for its implementation. 15:11 | Listen Now "

*My bet is the original HVCC will be revised based on the comment period they provided. I'm just not sure what the changes will be.

Tom McClure, Ohio

Lloyd Bonafide

Professional Status
State
California
It may be a race to see if they can announce it before Fannie/Freddie cease to exist. Maybe the government will swallow them up and merge them with FHA.

xmtpedprl

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Fannie & Freddie are powerless, they won't have a spare bicep to spare in making this happen in 3 or 4 months.

Dave...

Mark to market

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
Not much new on the Pod cast. A final version is in the works and expected out shortly.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
Fannie & Freddie are powerless, they won't have a spare bicep to spare in making this happen in 3 or 4 months.

Dave...

Or they will be taken over by the Fed making the HVCC deal null and void.

Last edited:

Jan Roseberry

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Joan Trice is offering 'webinar' on 9/4/08 to discuss this very situation with some notable participants. Forgot to mention the cost is $99.00.

For some reason, that advertisement does not make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Sure... let many of the real perps lead the 'fix'.

I will continue to fight those that were part of the 'system' that now claim to be able to fix it!

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
notable participants.

including Zaio.:Eyecrazy: perhaps advising how to follow their "lead"???:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks