• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Rise In Tax Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Lam

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
Recently I have notice that my appraised value has been lower than the property tax assessed value. My clients have been questioning this because in the past the appraised value is usually higher than tax value. I don't usually pay attention to tax value, but recently I have been questioned by most of my clients about this, and wondering if anybody have encounter this problem?

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
It's time to start selling your services for some consulting work. ;)

Ty Lam

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
I've actually have already done that, however refi been keeping me pretty busy.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Great!! Then it's time to look at your account receivables, and weed out some lesser clients. Replace them with other non-mortgage work that will pay better and carry you through slow times.

Bill_FL

Professional Status
State
Florida
Was there a recent revaluation?

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I am one of those right wing extremist who wants to throw old people in the street, starve chldren and dodge every tax, simply I am a rich republican. Having said that, I am experiencing the same thing in my home county. I take every oppurtunity to tell homeowners that the Tax man and local governments are out of control and taxes are way to high. What you are experiencing is County elected officials to chicken to raise mil rates, hoping increases in tax value will cover there out of control spending. When I explain it to people that way they seem to at least for the moment understand. After I leave I am sure they are calling the LO to whine about how I only spent one hour at there white trash trailer.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I am starting to see the True Cash Value (SEV) is coming closer and closer to the Market Value I come up with in more and more of the counties where I work. I think the reason is that the equalization departments are getting better and better at using the data that they have for their 2 year sales studies. Plus, since Michigan has a dual taxation system for real property (homesteaded property is capped at about 3.7% annual increase max) and we have had so many sales in the past 4 to 5 years, and lots of new construction, more and more of the data is available. Up here, the biggest part of the reason for this change is the computerization of the records and better data for the assessors.

Plus a lot of flat landers with recreational properties have bucked the Good Old Boy system on valuation, and won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks