• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Roofing Shingle Siding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Wegener

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oregon
Yes, that's right. Pretty rare I think. I don't think I have ever encountered it before except on garages. Photo's below. Have you encountered this? If so, Shinglesiding1.PNG shinglesiding2.PNG How did you deal with it?

Doug Wegener

Professional Status
State
Oregon
If so, how did you deal with it?

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Cedar wood shingle siding is common in my area for homes constructed in the 1920's. Its the asbestos tainted shingles from the 1940's that carry a stigma.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Cedar wood shingle siding is common in my area for homes constructed in the 1920's. Its the asbestos tainted shingles from the 1940's that carry a stigma.

Metal became popular a few years back in our area, only works well if the balance of the dwelling is well maintained; will agree with GB, it would appear other issue's may exist.....Good Luck

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Don't see them in tabs, used to see old houses with rolled asphalt shingles, often with a brick pattern
bd3c12c8-82a8-4d0d-89f3-7721d6a26d46_1000.jpg

Essential1

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Illinois
we call those asbestos shingle siding, very common in turn of the century homes, however, these shingles look newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks