• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Rough cost of horse barn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlanta CG

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Help! I've moved and lost my cost manual. I'm just trying to get a rough estimate of the cost of a horse barn for the Atlanta area: 107' x 36', minimal electric and water, 16 modest stalls, Texture 111 ouside walls, metal roof. Any help will be fully appreciated. Essentially I'm appraising an acreage site but it has a large barn, about 20 years old +- in decent shape, the operator has become ill and cannot feed or care for the horses and I'm putting in a cost approach just for a rough estimate as support for the other approaches but have to get the report in immediately. Many thanks.
John

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
My Marshall/Swift indicates $15 a square foot would be typical from a cost stand point, before adjusting for location and time. My last update indicates Atlanta would be par +3% for time and -3% for location (cheap labor, I would guess). Soooo.....don't hold me to this but how does $58,000 from a cost approach sound?

If that was the case in my location, the market reaction would be less about half that. Does the term...."Value in Use" sound familiar?

I hope that helps. If all else fails go to Marshall/Swift on line.

Atlanta CG

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Thanks, Mike. Perfect for my needs.
John from Atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks