• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Royalties / % Of Sales - Concessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cejack

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Nevada
Anyone have any information I can chase down on royalty rates for concessions at state / national / local parks or other public recreational areas?. (Concessions like restaurant, gift shop, RV / Camping, Marina, Ski Lodge, etc.)

Specifically looking for information on percentage of revenues / sales being paid as rent to the government in these concession type of situations.

Michael S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Mexico
If you have the time you can make a public records request and probably get some actual leases. At the city, county, or state level there may already be a website set up. I know I've been able to pull up actual leases and contracts from a few city and county governments here in New Mexico as part of their push towards open records aka sunshine laws. Federal government is going to be a lot harder as there's a whole lot more bureaucracy and it could be months before you even got a response.

As with all bureaucracies the key is finding the right person who actually has the information (and the inclination to part with it). Never ask for the information directly, always ask who the person is that could help you with that, make it easy for them to foist you off on somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks