• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Rude appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Butler

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Wow, I'm getting my house refinanced and just got call from the appraisal firm who got the order. This lady said, "We have your appt scheduled for March 4th at 10am and just wanted to let you know." I have a dentist appt that morning and my wife is putting on a seminar for 100 participants. I told her that and she didn't seem to care. She told me that they have other orders in the area and that was the ONLY day and time they could do it. I told her that it obviously won't work and that I will contact the lender to get a new appraisal firm.

I call homeowners every day and have never demanded a particular day and time. I tell them what would work out best for me and that I would appreciate if they could possibly make that day & time work. Everyone checks their schedule and is polite with trying to work out a mutually convenient time. I really don't have problems with this sort of thing. This lady just insisted that was the only day & time they'd be able to do it. I asked her what she expected us to do considering our prior committments. She kept avoiding my question! She kept saying that was the only time THEY had available. What an idiot...

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Boy, doesn't that make us all look good?

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
8O

I cannot even imagine the response from ANY of my clients if I pulled a stunt like THAT!!

I get accused of rude and uncouth all the time with far less justification,

usually over value issues :roll: :wink:

Duh.

Whadda ya wanna make a bet that you aren't going to like the results of the appraisal either 8O
Any company with that attitude probably resembles a fast eddie and doesn't spend more than 15 minutes on the job...
Should make an interesting read!

(get a proper ID from whoever shows up :twisted: )

Bill_FL

Professional Status
State
Florida
Wow, I get yelled out for suggesting a day.

Is this lender a client of yours? Sounds like a golden opportunity!

Lee SW IL

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I would never think of letting the borrower know when there appointment is going to be.

We together are to work out a time that convience for all parties.
I may advise after 5:00 pm and weekend appointments are subject to addtional fees, as a 2nd trip maybe required to get zoning info, assessor info, comp photos, ect.

Looks like you may get a new client out of this. :lol: 8)

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
Sounds like one of those rolling van appraisal firms. When they pull into your driveway, it looks like the old Chines Fire Alarm game we played as teenagers. Then zooooom off to the next one.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Unfortunately this makes all of us look bad. Hopefully as an Appraiser U KNOW the Company your finanacing through. May want to let them know this Attitude can't be good for there business ALL WE SELL is a SERVICE.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Some appraisers fail to remember that we are a service industry.

TC

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Somebody's secretary probably gets bonuses for forcing appointment times. I am as amicible as can be when setting up an appointment. I only get get "pushy" when the borrower thinks that I am their lap dog or some other animal lower in the food chain. I will work with any borrower on an appointment time, unless they take the approach that this appraisal firm took with you.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I always suggest a day and time! "I have next Tuesdays open, would AM or PM be better for you? AM??? good, we can do it between 10 ~ 11 or 11 ~ 12, which is best?

I have also told a home owner I will not inspect on the weekend or after 4pm. If they cannot accomodate me during normal business hours then perhaps they should call the lender to see if they have another appraiser who can work with their schedule.

Call me rude???? I prefer to think I am just practical. And yes, I have and do inspections on Saturday when I am not busy doing something like, ahhhh, fishing. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks