• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Sales Verification Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

PL1957

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
We purchased a condo on Amelia Island and just received a Sales Verification Form from the Nassau County Property Assessor asking us to confirm lots of details. Is there any benefit to filling this form out or will I just get hit with higher real estate taxes?

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Many assessor's send out questionaires related to purchase of real estate. They are trying to determine if the sale is a standard arms length transaction or because of an estate transfer or a divorce, or other reasons. The use it to establish their valuation trend models. The form information doesn't cause your taxes to be higher, your taxes are higher because of the property tax system, budgets, bonds, most of which require voters to approve.

The benefit of filling out the form is the assessor has more accurate, complete information. If you don't fill out the form, they will probably assume its just a standard real estate transaction.

I'm guessing Illinois doesn't send out questionaires? Won't you miss the the winters in Illinois?

PL1957

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Many assessor's send out questionaires related to purchase of real estate. They are trying to determine if the sale is a standard arms length transaction or because of an estate transfer or a divorce, or other reasons. The use it to establish their valuation trend models. The form information doesn't cause your taxes to be higher, your taxes are higher because of the property tax system, budgets, bonds, most of which require voters to approve.

The benefit of filling out the form is the assessor has more accurate, complete information. If you don't fill out the form, they will probably assume its just a standard real estate transaction.

I'm guessing Illinois doesn't send out questionaires? Won't you miss the the winters in Illinois?
Working in Cook County for much of my career, I have a built in distrust of assessors.

Will not miss the snow at all - just call me a snowbird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks