• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Saving WinTotal appraisal files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegoff

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Hi Folks,
I finally got a CD burner and want to save/backup appraisal files on CD's. Anyone familar with process or done it already? Tried to look it up in Athena user guide, not much luck. I've saved the files to CD (with CD creator software), but WinTotal does not read/recognize files in attached directory. I even tried the instructions of clicking on another directory and then back (page 13.2), but still no files indicated. Any suggestions other than getting different software? Don't have time to learn new software right now (read real busy). Is it even possible?

Sherri Sowards

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Missouri
Hi Mike, um Im new here, first post in fact, anyways I also hard copy my files by burning them to cd. If I have to retrieve them I manage them thru My Computer and copy and paste them to the appropriate file in WinTotal. Ive never researched for another way thru WinTotal however.

Roger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
When in the file cabinent, go to Options, then attatch directory.

Name the new directory the same as your CD burner.

Then you can go to copy/move files and either copy or move to the CD you are burning. You will have to format the CD first.

If you do remove files from your hard drive, you cannot clone or open files from an external directory, that is one outside of the wintotal directory.

You will have to move the files back to a directory that is within the wintotal directory.

I keep a folder I call 'Old Reports' in my wintotal list of files, and if I want to clone or update an old file that I have sent to a CD, I just copy it to this 'Old Reports' file, and then can clone or update, without editing the archived file on CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks