• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

September 24th: Feds Will Not Cut Rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
I don't see a need for a rate cut. It does not seem to be spurring the economy. All it appears to be doing is enticing the refi and home equity market. I see too many home equity loans to just pay bills, not pay off the bills. The only people benfitting from the low rates are mortgage companies, title companies and appraisers. I worry that the borrowers are getting in over their heads and mortgage officers are not worried about their borrowers. The loan officers I know are too worried about their commissions, too worried about that appraised value to keep the borrower from having to pay out of pocket, and too determined to get the deal done even if it takes a second lein for the borrower. I really think that putting the American public further into debt is no way to spur the economy.

One last question, why are mortage companies so worried about appraisal fees,when they never cut the origination fees or other hidden fees no matter how many times they have done the same loan? Just because the borrower pays the appraisal fees out of pocket! They use us as a selling tool to line their pockets just by demanding a lower fee to appraise the same house we appraised before. And, don't get me started on demanding higher values in a flat market less than two years since the last time I appraised the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks