• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

September business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug in NC

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I thought March was going to be my worst month in business for the year, and the worst month in many many years. Then September came along. There is still time for this month to beat March, but I am not confident that that can happen. Time for a new career.

AnonApprsr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I'm sorry to hear that. We're doing ok because we picked up a new client that does REOs and another established client of ours is really focusing on FHA loans. That and a certain evil AMC has came back around, and agreed to pay decent fees because their other appraiser is under investigation and blacklisted by the lender.

Common Sense

Professional Status
State
Maryland
Not to bad this month. Christmas might be saved.

:rof::rof::rof:

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Things seem to be picking up around here. Still not great, but at least the bills will get paid on time this month. MArket wise, things almost seem to be bottoming out..... for now.

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
Same here Doug. One order so far this month and it was canceled. About as bads as it gets. I'm not very optimistic about October & November either, they have been typically slow months for me in the past.

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
and agreed to pay decent fees because their other appraiser is under investigation and blacklisted by the lender.

:rof:

I bet the AMC is very unhappy about losing their best appraiser!!

Of course on the plus side, once they start sending you regular work and become a long time client, you will give them free comp checks!! woohoo

Common Sense

Professional Status
State
Maryland
I bet the AMC is very unhappy about losing their best appraiser!!

Of course on the plus side, once they start sending you regular work and become a long time client, you will give them free comp checks!! woohoo

Now Thats funny!!!!

:rof::rof::rof:

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
Hey I could use a laugh also. What's so funny that I'm missing?

Steve Metz

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Georgia
I closed up shop and got 9 Estate appraisals the next day. Better then schedualing a vacation. In the car today looking at properties. At least it's COD work and I do not have to wait 4 months to get paid by some AMC that is going under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks