• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Service Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen George

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I archived and found some information on service magic back in 2005. Anybody else have any experience with service magic. I would pay a $10 to $12 referral fee if I got an appraisal order and check. I don't think I want to pay a referral fee to talk a homeowner who may or may not order an appraisal.:shrug:

Midwest Guy

Professional Status
State
Missouri
We have discussed Service Magic in the past. You may search using the buttons on the top of the screen.

KenRossman

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Was a waste of money when I tried it - in addition to an upfront charge they charged you an upfront fee per inquiry which they gave to multiple appraisers. Unless you quoted very low fees you chances of getting work was slim to none. Kind of like working for an AMC except you have to pay upfront to maybe work for peanuts...

NC Appraising

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Ken,

Thanks for sharing. Now I'm glad I did not sign up.

Jennette Picinich

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
No,No, No!!!
These people signed me up and waived the sign up fee. I was endlessly paying $16 (they told me it would be $11 - $12) for LOs to request comp checks or women who wanted to know how much their Barbies were worth. Run, Run like the wind!!!

Sean Sutton

Professional Status
State
Missouri
They would charge you for a deal...take your money...then the deal would always fall through and they would just give you a credit for the next crappy thing that came your way...I cut them off...waste of time and money.

Doug in NC

Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I archived and found some information on service magic back in 2005. Anybody else have any experience with service magic. I would pay a $10 to $12 referral fee if I got an appraisal order and check. I don't think I want to pay a referral fee to talk a homeowner who may or may not order an appraisal.:shrug:

That is exactly what will happen, at least it did with me. First lead fell through and Service still wanted their lead fee. Not a good idea.

wrightdata

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Missouri
I tried service magic for several months, i think i received 1 or 2 orders from them and several replies where you get charged for just a phone call. I thought the fee was supposed to be $12 but turned out to be $16 for some unknown reason. I gave them a chance and its not worth it. The main problem with them is when an appraisal order comes through they forward all appraisers #'s to that customer. So there might be 10 appraisers going after 1 appraisal while service magic is cleaning up with a $160 profit.
Good Luck if you try them out
wrightdata

BaamBaam

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Stay fare fare away from this company. I used them for several mouths and got maybe one or two referral a month and not a one would be any good. I would get that phone call with a clients name and number. I would call them right away, only to never here back or find out that they had already gone with a different company... and Im talking like only sec. passing between the time I get the call and the time I called the client. I have know asked them to remove me from their list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks