• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

SFR with ADU vs Duplex in R1 zoning

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Lemme see the photos of the Arkansas triplex and fourplex, please? :)
Triplexes are rare. This is 4plex my old mentor & partner built. She would build a 4 plex with the end unit somewhat larger for her and her partner and rent the rest. Keep a year and put up for sale, start another 4 plex, renting her unit until it is finished. Making money back in the 90s for sure in the middle of Bentonville. This is the one she kept, sold for $415,000 last year. Bought her partner out 20 years ago for $88,000.
1574483825704.png

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Duplex used to be a cookie, like an Oreo, but not a real Oreo.

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
Duplex used to be a cookie, like an Oreo, but not a real Oreo.

----

On a more serious note, I engaged the Riverside City planner in a conversation today about ADU's. She was extremely well-versed (and very pleasing to the eye, which goes to credibilty in my perspective). She described a recent wave of ADU building permit requests; indicated that the long-standing Riverside city requirement that the owner live in at least one of the units of a property with a main unit and an ADU, which will become illegal to enforce come 1/1/20. She described different standards for attached versus detached ADU's; and seem to recall that she mentioned that forthcoming state mandate that will supercede minimum lot requirements for typical residential lots, although that's an issue of which I was unaware. [And did I mention how attractive she was?]

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Yes. I think the new law is an expansion of the current Second Unit law. I need to read up on it.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks