• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

shareware or free adobe pdf competitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

is anybody aware of a shareware or free pdf conversion program other than adobe??

KD247

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Some time ago, I found two or three shareware pdf'ers that looked pretty good. Spend a few minutes on a search engine and you'll find them. One of them was published by a company that makes a shareware version of Microsoft Office (and it got great reviews at zdnet).

If you end up using one, be sure and report back to the forum! I noticed that Appraiser's Toolbox is including an integrated pdf writer in their next version.

A

Anonymous

found shareware pdffactory on zdnet. seems to work just fine. thankx

Modred

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
There is only one freeware PDF program that I'm aware of. It's called GhostScript and is pretty difficult to use. There is also one adware PDF program called pdf995. I have not used this program.

There are quite a few shareware PDF programs. Many of these can be found at:

http://california.tucows.com/mmedia/pdf95.html

I've tried pdfFactory and like it a lot.

Modred

Rlong

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
I too searched around on cnet and zdnet and picked pdfFactory. I have not registered yet as I just did this last week and tried it once, but I will now, especially as others have used and are happy with it

Sooner Mike

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oklahoma
I don't want to promote software piracy, but Adobe Acrobat can be downloaded on the internet. I found a copy some time back (full version), and I have had no problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks