• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

She's Interviewing Appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
A lady called yesterday and said she was "interviewing appraisers" because she had a property she needed appraised, and with that, she started firing off questions:

1) Just what do you do?
2) How much do you charge?
3) Why do you charge all of that money since the lot size has been surveyed, the deed was recorded and those things haven't changed?
4) In other words, what you do is basically collect all that information that's already been determined and put it all on paper and staple it, right?
5) Well, that multi list data you speak of is so easy to get, isn't it? I mean, all you have to do is call up a Realtor, don't you?
6) I see, so you just kind of look at those houses that sold and come up with a number, don't you? And is that number the same as what the Realtor would come up with?
7) It's not? Then how do I know you have the right number?

Then she said "O.K., you passed my interview. I guess I'll let you do an appraisal for me. Sounds like you people have it made" :D

ME: :blink: Sorry, we're 6 weeks backed up :angry:

George Hatch

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
It's guaranteed that whomever is dumb enough to take the 'job offer' is going to find this client to be high maintenance! It is apparent this individual has absolutely no respect for what we do and will begrudge the lucky winner every dime of the fee, unless of course they hit her number.

George Hatch

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
"Ma'am, I'll just mail you this form and on page two near the bottom just fill in the number you think is fair and I'll do the rest."

"Also, attach a signed check with the amount left blank and I'll fill in the number I think is fair."

Relax, Charlotte, it's time to start coloring those Easter eggs!

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Originally posted by Wally Jones@Apr 18 2003, 03:09 PM
Relax, Charlotte, it's time to start coloring those Easter eggs!
But Wally, my husband already took all the good ones and used up all the purple and pink dye. Mine are all cracked! :huh: The problems go on and on :(

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
If her attitude was as I read in your post I think I would not have finished that interview. I have never done this but I think I would have to tell her that I don't think I could work for her.

Well I take that back, I did do that once. After the inspection was complete. I told them I couldn't work for them and just ate my time up to that point. One of the smartest moves I ever made I do believe.

Caterina Platt

Professional Status
State
New Mexico
GREAT comeback, Charlotte and Wally! :rofl:

Sometimes it just feels so darned good to say 'No thanks!'

Wally Jones

Professional Status
State
Florida
But, Charlotte......the cracked ones are the best! You can dye them in multiple colors and be the envy of the family when you present your "mosaic" eggs!

Now, no more thinking about no 'praisal stuff until Monday!

...........here comes Peter Cottontail............hoppin' down the bunny trail..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks