• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

SHORT RE-FI ?No Short Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTFAPP

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
Im hearing that theres going to be lenders doing short re-fis ????
Please let me know what you all have been hearing?

LA Woman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I haven't heard of this yet but I will ask my investors.

So this refi at the new/current market value, so they won't lose the house? Never heard of it, but what do I know, I'm just an appraiser that is almost out on the streets.

DonRico

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
I think you're referring to the FHA Secure loans....

"The bill passed the House with bipartisan support on a vote of 348-72. If passed by the Senate, the program would allow the Federal Housing Administration to back refinanced loans for an increasing number of borrowers who are delinquent on payments because rates are resetting from initial teaser levels.

FHASecure offers homeowners the chance to refinance into better loans. Assuming borrowers can meet the to-be-determined loan limit, there are five criteria for FHASecure eligibility:

1- A history of on-time mortgage payments before the borrower’s ARM teaser rates expired and loans reset;
2- Interest rates must have or will reset between June 2005 and December 2009;
3- Three percent cash or equity in the home;
4- A sustained history of employment; and
5- Sufficient income to make the mortgage payment"

This could mean additional work for FHA Roster Appraisers. Then again, the 5 criteria may eliminate the majority of borrowers who stopped paying their mortgage, or who don't have 3% equity, or who lost their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks