• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Should I Fax, or Mail Application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Palmer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Oklahoma
I have completed my application for placement on the FHA Appraiser Roster and was wondering if it was better to Fax, or Mail the application. Mortgage Letter 2006-26 says either is acceptible, but I have talked to other appraisers who suggest that it only be submitted by mail. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your guidance.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I don't think you can apply if you are a trainee Pete. You need multiple years of experience and have to be Certified. File it away for another day.

Pete Palmer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Oklahoma
JTIP,

I am Certified Residential and have just not updated my profile on this site.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Then see post #2.

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
http://www.HUD.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/appr/apr_rost.cfm
  • [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Applicants are welcome to submit their applications using the United States Postal Service. However, the preferred method of submitting the application is by ground shipping services/couriers (such as UPS, Fed Ex, etc). Submitting duplicate copies of the same application will only slow the application processing time, which is currently 4 to 6 weeks. Submitting an application by facsimile is the least preferred method of application submittal.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Note: Due to a large increase in new applications, processing times average 8 to 10 weeks. We request that applicants please refrain from calling HUD to inquire about the status of applications, as responding to a high volume of phone calls slows the processing of Appraiser Roster applications. You should check your status on the FHA Appraiser Roster using your last name only, as other methods may result in an error message.[/FONT]

Pete Palmer

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Oklahoma
Rex,

Thanks for the link! Exactly what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks