• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Si Senior.theeese is Amistad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
I am leaving in a couple of hours for 6 days of fishing on, what some believe to be, the best bass lake in the country. Hope all youse guys who are freezing your butts off in the middle of the country and on the east coast will be thinking of me. Supposed to be 83 in Del Rio today...YES!!!

farmguy

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Texas
I have fished it a number of times over the years. Used to do some ranch work in area and a fair amount of condemnation work for the air base. There are some excellant eating places across the border at Del Rio.

Used to put in up at Rough Canyon on the north end. If you put in at Rough you drive through 20,000 + acres we did in the mid 80's.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Well, I fished Amistad for 6 days and had a good time but the fishing was really tough for some of us. Our first practice day there was a new record high temp...99 degrees. First day of the tournament the temp dropped to a high of 58 with winds 15 ~ 25. At launch time it was only 38 degrees. Second day of the tournament, a little warmer but higher winds 20 ~ 35 with gusts over 40. Last day of the event it warmed up and light winds, I had a limit in the first hour but it was too late for me.

While I really enjoyed the tournament, it is an awfully long way and the gas prices higher it was also pretty expensive.

farmguy

Professional Status
State
Texas
Did you have time to cross the border?

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Only on the lake, my boater and travel partner didn't want to go to Mexico.

farmguy

Professional Status
State
Texas
If you ever have a chance to go back again, don't pass us a night out at Ma Crosby's and a wild game dinner or steak at Lando's. Lando's has secure parking. The food and service is incredible.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Thanks for the info, I would really like to do that some time. I wanted to go over to get a belt made but never got the chance. Getting up at 5am and fishing until 4pm let us pretty tired.

murray stroupe

Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
South

Only on the lake, my boater and travel partner didn't want to go to Mexico.
==========
If the bass fishing is as good in Mexico, Mike???;
as the dove hunting is in Argentina,you will always remember it, Si Senior.

Jan 4th, is warm in Argentina, like July 4th in America;
the only way i rember that, is blackberries ripen then, both places. Cool

Susan Klimaszewski

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Texas
Mike, you missed my husband again this year! He's going down the weekend of the 22nd for a tournament.

How did those cotton candy wacky senkos work out for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks