• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Silver Membership - Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizwiz79

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
I've done exhaustive research on all of the big software names, and have decided on WinTotal. It came down to WinTotal and ACI, only because I thought I was saving hundreds. Much to my dismay, after all of the nickel and diming is over, WinTotal is only $50 more; well worth it when considering the time saving features and slick interface.

So here's my question: Is the Silver Membership worth it? I'm looking at their current deal on WinTotal Professional for $699 or the "Starter Package" which includes Professional, a Silver Membership, and 90 days of Xcellerate for $799.

What do you guys have? Are the memberships worth it? I'm good with computers, and I can read a manual with the best of 'em! Thoughts?

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
I have had silver for years , Love it...Just downloaded the new Aurora and I am still finding enough whistles and bells to run an empire.Since it's just me all I need is a few basic buttons.Recommend.......

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
I think I have the Tin Foil membership, it does just fine. There is probably 50% of the features I don't even know how to use.

I may could be a better appraiser if I went to a seminar or something.

Rick Neighbors

Professional Status
State
Texas
Membership

Get the highest rated membership you can afford......at first. There will be a learning curve. After that you can drop to Silver. I have had Alamode since I went into business for myself, and mostly I have been happy. Most of my gripes have to do with the software advancing while I am happy with what I originally purchased. And as the software gets "new and improved", my old stuff is left behind. For instance, originally I purchase the top of the line package.....Platinum membership, all the whistles and bells, and it came with a basic web site. Now I have Silver membership and all that stuff that came with my original purchase costs extra now. I'm old and I don't always like change.....just for changes sake. :new_multi:

I am still using Athena, and it works just fine for me. I turned in a tech request last week, only took them 48 hours to generate an update that fixed the problem. Of course I am probably one of the last Beta testers that is still using Athena. My computers are too old and slow for Aurora. :new_smile-l:

Rick

KellieRoss

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Alabama
I have the platinum membership and love it. i do use as many of the bells and whistles and try to find more everyday. Also, if I have a problem I can call 24 hrs a day 365 days a year! And I have made calls on Christmas eve and the tech was very nice.
loving wintotal,
Kellie

Rick Neighbors

Professional Status
State
Texas
24/7

Well, my wife said that I could no longer work 24/7.... she makes me turn the computer off at midnight. :)

And, as I seldom need to call tech support anymore, the Silver membership is just fine.

Of course the on-line submission of tech questions is always on.

Rick

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I've used ALM since the dos days. Silver suits me just fine.

GCJim

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
I've done exhaustive research on all of the big software names, and have decided on WinTotal. It came down to WinTotal and ACI, only because I thought I was saving hundreds. Much to my dismay, after all of the nickel and diming is over, WinTotal is only $50 more; well worth it when considering the time saving features and slick interface........

I also have done my homework and have pretty much decided on WinTotal. The question I am still wondering about:
If one could register a domain and design a site very inexpensively, Is the WinTotal WEBSITE worth it?

Brian W Street

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
The question I am still wondering about:
If one could register a domain and design a site very inexpensively, Is the WinTotal WEBSITE worth it?

Only if you have lenders that require it such as RELS and others, don’t count on existing clients wanting to use it or the site attracting new clients.

Otherwise no for 2 additional reasons: The premium site is $800 bucks, do your research and if you don't need it for clients then hosting is much cheaper elsewhere. And lastly, for some reason the search engines recognition through alamode is very poor, my site is changed regularly and offers custom content and I never find my site in a google search. I think they see these alamode sites as too generic and all the same. Often I will find very simple appraisal sites with a fraction of the content as mine, just the basic firm information, and it will get a very high search ranking.

I have an xsite only because certain clients require it. As others have said, silver support is the way to go once you learn the program, its only good for the updates and to find out why the last update has screwed the program up again. Really looking forward to the new version coming out latter this year so I can start the process all over again.

Appraisal Typist

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
My clients use different software. They are all loaded on my computer. The majority of them use Alamode--WinTotal. It is also my favorite software. We have had to place calls late, on the weekends etc. They are always nice and very helpful. They are also able to diagnose and fix software issues on your computer all the way from Oklahoma if needed. They just send you an email and you agree to open a session in which you can actually see your mouse moving around and making repairs. I agree with some of the other posts and would try and buy the highest level I could afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks