• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Simple Camera Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Realtor Mother-in-law needs camera primarily for shooting front & rear
(OCCASIONAL interior or street shots...)

She wants simple and easy, drop proofing not required...

Looking for Toyota version not Caddilac...

Size small and shutter button BIG are probably plusses :D

Any suggestions?

John Wilson

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Tell her to get a new cell phone with the built in camera. They work fine for appraisal work. Then she can send the shots through the phone back to her office. Works great.

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
I tried the Cell/Camera idea, was horrid - If i had sent those into the lender, they would have freaked, and been asking for extra images of higher quality......

I have a Kodak EasyShare CX4200 - Decent quality, pretty simple, but chews through batteries too fast for me - If you want it Lee Ann, E-Mail me, and I'll sell it to you used - I think I paid $150 for it, and they sell for $125 or so now.......$75 and it's yours......

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Those Easyshare cameras are very easy to use; but they do go through batteries like crazy if you don't use a multi-card reader or docking station. A trip to wally world can get you a multi-card reader for $40. That's what I got..... saves time, batteries, and I can use it with any of the 3 different brand cameras within my family.

Rich Hahn

Professional Status
General Public
State
Colorado
Just got the Nikon 5700(thanks best buy for your extended warranty)
Point and shoot
Wide Angle is awesome
you can get the Wide Angle adapter for an additional $150(perfect for interiors).
Awesome pictures state of the art thumbs up!
Price is well worth it, just a couple of appraisals yur there.

http://www.nikoncoolpix.com/splash.html

Pat Butler

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Rich-- I bought the Coolpix 4300 and am not impressed with its wide angle capabilities. I looked at the wide angle lens attachment but found out that it covers the built in flash! So no wide angle interior pictures. Is yours different?

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I have Sonys 50 and 52. 1 button, telephoto/wide toggle, large display, and runs on 2 nicad batteries. Size of a remote. Best ones we've ever had, and we've had a bunch.

Roger

Professional Status
State
Florida
In reading lots of specs, I've found only two cameras that are truly "wide angle"
The Kodak DC-215 and the Kodak DC 4800. One goes to 28 mm equiv. and the other to 29 mm. equivalent.

You have read much on this Forum about the battery doors going bad on the 215. It's true. They do. I made a good little sliding catch out of galv. sheet metal that works fine.

For my own work, I like the DC 4800.

Tom

Rich Hahn

Professional Status
General Public
State
Colorado
I had the same problem with the swivel cool pix, had to mess with aperture and speed. Not a good thing.
5700 has taken care of that, plus a hot shoe if you are so inclined. Just got the wide angle converter for it, weighs a ton and looks like an SLR now, pictures are awesome.. If it should happen to slow down at least my company bought me a neat toy.

Two Thumbs up for the 5700

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
I have a dc210 and dc260. Have dropped and redropped so many times they still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks