• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Simple Questuon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Youngkrantz

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I have made a graph in excel and now want to put it in a word document. Could someone tell me the steps. when I click on copy in excel and then paste in word all it gives me is a little clipboard. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ken

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Copy from Excel (block the section, Ctrl-C). In word, click on Edit, Paste Special, and select "link to document" or something like that. That way when you change the spreadsheet, it will also change in word. Sorry it's not more specific, I don't have either program open at the moment. :)

Charles Witt

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Love those Volkswagons! My son jsut visited for Father's Day and he drove his 2001 Jetta diesel which has 205,000 miles on it. He plans to keep it for a while!
And he gets 48 mpg!

rbrienza

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
Ken,
I print it to pdf and then cut and paste into word. If you give more info I might be able to give more ideas. What Version of MS Office do you have and do you have a PDF creater such as Adobe Pro 7 or 8?

good luck

Ray

Ken B

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Cut the cells in Excel and Paste Special in Word as a "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)"

moh malekpour

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
This is the way I copy and paste graphs and charts from excel to word. There are other ways to do but this is my way.

When you make a chart or graph in excel, that graph is inside a rectanular or squar shape box. when you click anywhere inside that box, the box will be slected and you will see 9 small dark dimond shape on those 4 lines surrounding your graph. When you see those dark dimonds on your box lines, right click anywhere inside the box again and click on copy. as soon as you clicked on copy, you should see another interior box appears with moving or shaking small dashes or broken lines. this means that your graph is copied to your clipboard. Go to your word and right click anywher that you want your graph to be copied and click on paste, you should see your graph on your word.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Arkansas
this means that your graph is copied to your clipboard. Go to your word and right click anywher that you want your graph to be copied and click on paste, you should see your graph on your word.
And i think you don't want to close your Excel before going into Word or the clipboard gets erased.

aussie ken

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Australia
Cut the cells in Excel and Paste Special in Word as a "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)"

Ken......this method should perhaps be to COPY the Excel spreadsheet then go to your Word.doc .........click where you want to paste it then click EDIT in your Word.doc , then click PASTE SPECIAL ........then click PICTURE. This method is foolproof however, the chart in your Word.doc is just a picture and is not linked back to your Excel Spreadsheet. You can link it back to the spreadsheet by following the same process and at PASTE SPECIAL click the LINK option. HOWEVER, this will use more memory.

Last edited:

MARKETVALUENOW

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
For $40.00 you can by snagit www.snagit.com. I found out about it through another appraiser and you can copy just about anything and place it in just about any program, including your forms software. You can also add to it or change it after you snag it.

Check it out. It is very user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks