• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Site Condo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroappr

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Hi

I am doing a FHA "site condo" purchase appraisal in Michigan. How do you fill out the grid for "project information" for the number of units sold, for sale, rented ... There is no condo questionnaire for site condos which tracks this information. Also, how do you approach the "density" question?

Thanks in advance.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
The lender is required to supply that information.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
And it's done on a 1004 not a condo form ... They are a pain in the *** unless you have some good comparables in the development.

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I am doing a FHA "site condo" purchase appraisal in Michigan. How do you fill out the grid for "project information" for the number of units sold, for sale, rented
Although I can count on one hand the # of site condo's I've done ... this may be one you might consider walking away from until you have more experience. (FTR, I have)

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
No do it because that is the only way you learn ** And Call your FHA -HOC if you need more guidance ** That's what those guys-gals at FHA HOC are being paid for by you-me and the tax-payer : ) LOL

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
And it's done on a 1004 not a condo form ... They are a pain in the *** unless you have some good comparables in the development.

Depends on who gets the report, some are done on 1004, some on condo form.

Not a pain to find comps for here, they are just like single-family no one knows the difference except appraisers.

Michigander

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Although I can count on one hand the # of site condo's I've done ... this may be one you might consider walking away from until you have more experience. (FTR, I have)

These are very common in MI. We started the craze in the 80's as a way around the plat act. Blame us for it. Basically you own the land, kind of weird, but for the most part buyers don't see a difference. FHA requires it on the condominium form. To the OP, you can find a lot of this information looking through assessing records, and many of the developments have HOAs that are online. Can find it there too, but the lender should give you the information. My tactic would be that there is an extra charge of zzz if they don't provide it. That usually gets their attention. Good luck

Metroappr

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
FHA requires the report to be on a 1073. The information needed would be density-not sure that this applies to a site condo development. Do you put "average" in place of numbers? The city of Pontiac will not have the acreage for this development. What do you put in place of "# of rented"? There is no HOA that keeps track like a true condo complex. The HOA is $35 a month and covers outside maintenance of common areas. Thanks

Charley Horse

Professional Status
State
Michigan
I realize FHA mandates site condos go on a 1073, but I just encountered a situation whereby the HOA was dissolved... no board members, dues or budget... the legal still indicates a "unit"... waiting on the FHA HOC to respond... anyone else ever run into a similar situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks