• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Slow Retail Season. And you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
In the mid-early 1980's, Enid OK went from booming oil town to bust just as a new shopping Mall opened. Losing some 25% of its population, Enid didn't stabilize for some time. I was working Xmas and did my shopping in the new Mall where stores had slashed prices, and many of the shops were closed. It was like shopping in a Ghost town.

I was in Rogers,Ar this morning and dropped off a set of oversized plans to have scanned (costs about $1.50 a page and lets me put plans and specs in file without having tubes of plans or folding huge wads of paper)

I drifted over to Staples about 10:30 am from there in a small Mall which is across the street from Lowes. Lowes was not busy - maybe 50 cars. Staples? 5 cars. Across the street (where the shot was taken) 4 upscale Boutiques had maybe 5 total cars. and the shop beside Staples have virtually no one (that's their parking lot + a few spaces directly in front). Barnes and Nobles...8. Starbucks? 5 cars - I thought of Enid. There is easily less than 40% of last year's traffic in this place.

Last edited:

lauralee

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Pretty much the same around here. If I had to guess I would say that stores are down maybe 10 percent at most.

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
It depends on if it is a weekend or week day, however, store traffic is down in either case but on week days, I wonder why they even bother opening the doors. :shrug:

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
It depends on if it is a weekend or week day, however, store traffic is down in either case but on week days, I wonder why they even bother opening the doors. :shrug:
Because those that have other things to do on the weekends go during the week. Plus, you can haggle much better and get a chance to get the good clearance stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks