• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Small World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliff Salisbury

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Ohio
There is a large park just down the hill from where I live. Interstate 90 has a bridge over the park and the river that runs thru the park. This morning I was coming home and the police had the park blocked off. I looked up and noticed that there was a backup of traffic on I 90 and when I get to the top of the hill, where my house is I notice that there are a couple of news. helecopters in the air around the area.

I ran into the house to turn on the local tv stations to see what is happening. I checked all of the local channels and could not find any news that knew waht was going on. Just than my phone rang and it was my friend from Florida, that used to live here. He asked me how I got the truck in the river? I said what. He says there is a truck in the river in the park just down the hill from you. I asked him how he knew. He said I was just watching it on CNN.

A man stoled a van and the police were chasing him on I-90. As he came up to the bridge going over the park he thought he would lose the police by going to the right side of the guard rail and thru the woods. Someone forgot to tell him that the reason the guardrail is there is because there is a steep cliff about 100 feet past the guardrail that drops into the river.

What a ride. He dropped about seventy five feet straight down thru the air into the river and landed in five feet of water. The police thought he was dead for sure until he stuck his hand out of the drivers side window.

He broke one leg and his pelvis. He already had a artificial leg. He was life flighted to a trauma hospital.

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
See what happens when you are not geographically competent?

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Yeee-haaaaaaaaw. Dukes of Hazard jump....almost.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Almost a Darwin Award winner…:rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks