• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Snow, Snow and more Snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Snow comes in from the south and covers Madison we get it as well. Snow comes in from the north and covers Marshfield and we get it as well.
Snow comes in from the west and covers La Cross and we get it as well.

Snow Snow and Snow. measured on the level and we have 34 inches and forecasting another 8" to 12" by evening. I don't think I will ever see another blade of green grass. Now they are saying below 0 again for the weekend, h e l l it got above 0 for the first time yesterday in weeks.

Mr. Stone, I am really considering moving to Tubac or Ajo AZ. Jo Ann tell me its not snowing there?m2:

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Maryland
Global Warming ???

HangInThere

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I think it was about 12 years ago we had a winter like this. Walking around the dwellings thigh high, tredging through the snow.
Viewed a property today on acreage while trying to get the rear photo I believe the drift I climed over was over 5 feet.
I get out back thinking this is not so bad as I am able to stay on top of the snow then 5 steps into it I find my right leg burried. Get out and try again another 5 or 6 steps on top and Cr*p down again. Gotta love Wisconsin

john snyder

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Be careful of those window wells that are covered with drifts, lost my acl in one of those years ago.

jbs

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Crybabies. You think you've got it bad? Try being in Hopland. It probably won't get much above 70 today.

HangInThere

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
I haven't fell in one yet but I did take a long ride down a steep hill covered in slick ice. The ride was fun, getting back up was not.

So Cal RealEstate

Professional Status
State
California
Snow comes in from the south and covers Madison we get it as well. Snow comes in from the north and covers Marshfield and we get it as well.
Snow comes in from the west and covers La Cross and we get it as well.

Snow Snow and Snow. measured on the level and we have 34 inches and forecasting another 8" to 12" by evening. I don't think I will ever see another blade of green grass. Now they are saying below 0 again for the weekend, h e l l it got above 0 for the first time yesterday in weeks.

Mr. Stone, I am really considering moving to Tubac or Ajo AZ. Jo Ann tell me its not snowing there?m2:

Glad you’re not considering So Cal, right now in Redlands it’s snowing!

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Ray,
Last winter's snow was enough to push me over the edge and solidify my decision sell my place in the high country. Though I miss the gorgeous summer weather it's just not enough to make up for the piles and piles of white stuff. All I did last year was plow and shovel, plow and shovel....and that was just to keep my long private drive open.

Check out the current videos for Park County, including Fairplay and the South Park areas:

http://cbs4denver.com/video/[email protected]&cid=22

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I think it was about 12 years ago we had a winter like this. Walking around the dwellings thigh high, tredging through the snow.
Viewed a property today on acreage while trying to get the rear photo I believe the drift I climed over was over 5 feet.
I get out back thinking this is not so bad as I am able to stay on top of the snow then 5 steps into it I find my right leg burried. Get out and try again another 5 or 6 steps on top and Cr*p down again. Gotta love Wisconsin

Snow shoes or snowmobile. Be sure and charge extra for the extra effort and time it takes to get these done in this weather. I sure hope someone knows where you are going and what time you are to be back as well as the route that you are traveling. That you have an emergency witner kit in your car/truck. Have a hot cell phone, but they don't always work in some of the areas I cover.

I also hope you note in your report that you could not view the acreage for unknow problems like underground tanks, poor septic systems, enviromental problems because of all the snow.

HangInThere

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Thanks Ray,
Got all of that covered! The reports get longer this time of year. Location of septics, wells, drain fields, roofs etc...
Yep, Once I 40 hit I realized I am not as tuff as I use to be. I always let someone know what the agenda is for the day, throw the jeep into 4 wheel, turn on the heated seats and have the emergency kit in back with a portable charger. I do love the seasons in Wisconsin and couldn't think of giving up spring and fall. Winter could be a bit shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks