• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Snowed in? best birthday present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

appraisalondemand

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
It is snowing here but nothing like what Ray or others has experienced. This is more snow that we have seen in 30 years (so they say, as I wasn't around). My kids are having a blast, but don't stay out too long. Even I got to play some...see photo

What is like out there for others?

16 years ago, I remember getting woke up to go to school and my dad said "Happy Birthday, by the way school is cancelled"...

Attachments

• blizzard 08 005s.JPG
    blizzard 08 005s.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 67

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Still snowing here. Spent 3 hours with snow blower this afternoon. It is now hard to tell that I spent that much time out there. Gotta do it all over again in the morning.

appraisalondemand

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
I had to get the snow off the Trampoline. This is the first year we have had it and I wasn't sure what to do...so I got my daughters plastic shovel and went to town. My wife finished the job for me as I helped push people who were stuck in front of our house. I am still warming up from that run.

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Here's my front yard.

Last edited:

Thomas Fiehler

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Ohio
Shoveled about 6" on Friday during a lull in the storm and about 10-11 more inches today. Where's the global warming!!!!!!!

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Thank God for global warming. It would probably have been 30" of snow if it were not for global warming.

wickedness1

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Thank God for global warming. It would probably have been 30" of snow if it were not for global warming.

I bet we're close to 30" here in the snowbelt (Geauga County). Our plow guy came about 5pm & you can't even tell now, 3 hours later!

Growing up in the snowbelt, I remember allot of storms this bad. I had fun with the kids outside too...we were "butt sledding" so my kids called it, lol:rof:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Praise the Lord my prayers were answered this week end.

Glad it you guys instead of us. I still have snow stacked up 9 feet along our driveway and yard. I have no clue where I would put the rest. The wife is in for a major replanting of rose bushes, shrubs and small trees. As I kown we pushed some over with the bobcat/skid loader.

It was below 0 last night and will be again tonight.

What are your temps?

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I do not miss Chicago weather.
Motorcycle ride tomorrow for me. :leeann2:

Jan Roseberry

Professional Status
State
Ohio
Most snow I've seen in Ohio

in about 20 years. Seems the years that end in 8 always have some type of unique weather in Ohio. Floods in 68, blizzard in 78, drought in 88, can not remember 98 . . .

My husband picked a great weekend to be out of town! I had to operate the snow blower -- took me 15 minutes to keep the snow from blowing on me or the cleared areas. Worst part is, I'll have to do it again tomorrow! But, I did get it started and operating (in a manner) all by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks