• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

So hot

Fernando

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Outside still looks hazy. When I take photos, the comps look yellow tinge like an old photo color 100 years ago.
The problem is that when I use prior comp photos taken few weeks ago, the color and sky differences are apparent and I didn't take it on same day.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
There's a heat wave here like 90 somethin. My shirt was soaking with sweat. I don't know how you guys do it in the heat.
In the car, you have to open the window to take photos. Ugh....:mad:
almost never open my windows to take a pic. screw the reflection, lol its going in the report too!

Fernando

Professional Status
State
California
almost never open my windows to take a pic. screw the reflection, lol its going in the report too!
I see you don't take pride in your photos. When my daughter is driving and the house is on her side, she quickly takes the photo (she's scare of someone coming out).
Unlike me I take my time centering and taking best photo. I'm use to people yelling or honking at me. Just have to keep my eyes on cops.

Digger88

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Virginia
I see you don't take pride in your photos. When my daughter is driving and the house is on her side, she quickly takes the photo (she's scare of someone coming out).
Unlike me I take my time centering and taking best photo. I'm use to people yelling or honking at me. Just have to keep my eyes on cops.
sure dont. its a comp pic not the mona lisa.

VALU8

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
If you don't have AC in your car it is a little embarrassing showing up all sweaty- For professionalism it's probably a good idea to run one.

Attachments

VALU8

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
It seems for just about every set of comparables, there is always at least ONE of them where the owner is for whatever reason, hanging out in the front yard. Few days ago I was curious and zoomed in on one of my photos where they were sitting on the porch... If looks could kill... LOL I've had another one where I took a few in a sequence... First one had someone on the porch, second one he popped behind a pillar. LOL

ZZGAMAZZ

Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
California
It seems for just about every set of comparables, there is always at least ONE of them where the owner is for whatever reason, hanging out in the front yard. Few days ago I was curious and zoomed in on one of my photos where they were sitting on the porch... If looks could kill... LOL I've had another one where I took a few in a sequence... First one had someone on the porch, second one he popped behind a pillar. LOL
-------------
"I am NOT taking pictures of your kids playing in the front yard. Get them in the damn house if you don't want their photos to be included in my appraisal report. They ugly anyways."

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I don't care if some pics show sun and some rain.
Maybe I had to go back another day for that 1 comp.
In Denver you might have sun on comp 1 and snow on comp 2, 5 minutes later. :leeann:

Finishing up a report today, I noticed the comp photos all have a kind of orange sky.
Ick.

Professional Status
State
California
Last yr I snapped a photo of a comp; kids playing in front yard next door. Man chased me down, asked why I took photo of his kids; told him I took photo next door & I am appraiser; he asked for my card which I thought would calm him down. He proceeded to have a major hissy fit, said he is a veteran, cursed me out, will make sure I get my license yanked & was filing a complaint, so I told him he needed to take a pill and calm down. So he reported me to the State Board & I had to 'splain all that; I had deleted the photo already as I didn't need any grief... and was told that I now have grief anyhow, and I should have skipped taking that quickie photo and waited until they went inside, however many hours that would take. Oh brother! In future, I will not give out my card nor roll down my window for anybody.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks