• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

SoCal Meeting of the Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Heads Up.

Where are we going to meet in Southern California in order to have an opportunity to coordinate our response to the external factors that are changing our working environment.

There does not appear to be a logical single location compatible with folks from Palm Springs and Carlsbad and Ventura.

Consequently, let's consolidate and target a central location for appraisers from LA, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties, at least for the initial meeting.

My initial thought is somewhere south of Interstate Highway 10 along Highway 605, near Whittier or Long Beach.

Why not?

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Week day or week end?

Breakfast, lunch or dinner?

1/2 day or all day?

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
I propose starting at approximately 9:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning in mid-July in order to avoid week-day traffic (diminished as it is), and ending at approximately 2:30 p.m. That would give everybody an opportunity to come-and-go without the schedule being viewed as too demanding, and also afford an opportunity to run a job later in the day.

It might be wise to allow individuals to provide for their own meals because it might be very difficult to determine the number of attendees, which I would estimate to be 150 - 1,000; and although RSVP would be desirable, that could entail logistical work beyond our current capacity.

Not wanting to put the cart before the horse, perhaps a few learned and interested appraisers from throughout the southland could meet later in June to establish the agenda, speakers, etc. We have an offer from one of our east coast colleagues to visit SoCal to present, at his own expense. The opinion of those more experienced than I would be needed to determine whether we want to involve OREA, HUD, AI, Teamsters, etc.

Often from crisis emerges a new vision of the future.)

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
...and possibly we could involve an existing course provider to establish a mini-seminar scheduled at the end of the day so attendees who wished to participate would get CE credit for for participating in the educational component.

...and it might be an ideal opportunity for the Santa Ana HOC to give a shout-out to its constituency...although, whoa, I'm getting way outside the box at this point...and maybe the event needs to be a week-long seminar rather than just a half-day...

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
...and my on-line colleague CurtVanHooser could show slides of Laguana...and of the back-yard hot tub scene he described in a recent thread (can't stop thinking 'bout it)...

Randolph Kinney

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Maybe you can arrange to have both presidential candidates present how they see the mortgage market mess, the role of appraisers and how everything will be Okay. :)

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
State
California
Ralph: It's interesting that I never heard any of the candidates comment on the current mess or what they propose to do. I guess that's politics for you...

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Both have commented on it but neither has proposed any cures. Maybe they will this summer and before their conventions.

Hey! I want to hear more about the "back yard hot tub scene." Please refer me to the thread.

RitaB

Professional Status
General Public
State
California
How are the plans coming? Is it going to be affordable so ethical newbies can attend? ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks