• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Software For Os X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottTierney

Freshman Member
It has been brought to our attention that Bradford is no longer going to be updating or upgrading their toolbox for the Macs :( . Since the majority of our appraisers here at Penfield have new macs sitting on their desks, we would like to continue using them w/ the latest updates. To meet this need, we are looking into developing a new appraisal software package that will be OS X compatible.

Is there anyone out there that would also be interested in this application?

For questions or comments you can also email us at [email protected]

Thanks,
Scott

Em Tee

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Scott:

My supervisor still uses the old version of Toolbox for Macs. I keep trying to convert him to the PC, but he's resisting. You know how Mac users are! :rolleyes: I'm sure he'd be interested!

Non Sequitur

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Sounds expensive. It may be cheaper to convert to PC's.

/Bill Gates voice

Resistance is futile.

\voice

ScottTierney

Freshman Member
Yeah, your probably right, but just like Mary said "you know how those Mac users are". And that's just about right on the money too for everyone in the office w/ Macs. Me personally, I like both systems, but I'm kind of a computer geek, so go figure.
Actually, I was looking at this more like a challenge then anything and was wondering if others would be interested in this product. I am hoping to make this software both PC and Mac compatible. Let me know if you or anyone out there would be interested.

Scott

Mary E Perry

Freshman Member
You go Dude! This gal is so over Windows and Microsoft's substandard products. I would love to know if any of the Windows users out there are paying attention - "Uncle Bill" is jumping up and down to get his updates/service patches installed on your system WITHOUT your permission. Now we all know that those updates/patches, that are massive when installed, come with the fuzzy little warning that Microsoft will take NO responsibility for any damage that your system WILL ahem I mean can sustain. Next time your OS is running a little buggy - just watch your registry, you will be ever so enlightened. (Norton's Registry Tracker is a good one to have running in the background). Better yet just do a little math. Window + critical update/Service Patch = Computer problems/failure.

Do I sound a little aggitated right now? You betcha because OS failure is not fun expecially when it is directly linked to the last "critical update" install. As I researched Microsoft's site looking for the cure to THEIR disease I was dumbstruck at page after page of the curable? and hotfix? links that they supply for Microsoft problem after Microsoft problem. I will also pass on a hint about the latest Worm that disabled so many computers. (Luckily I was not one) Guess who publicized the open portals in the OS thereby enabling the deviants to write the program in which the worm was attached? You guessed it "Uncle Bill" again. Gotta love that man.

Now for the happy ending. From this frustration comes education and change. I've been researching Gnu-Linux and open source software. I've also been collecting the components to build my AMD dual processor to stay in step with the future as 32-bit programs become dinos. Will support running different operating systems simultaniously. Mid September - AMD64.

Scott - I think you will find some wonderful insight and helpful tips as you lay out your plan for your software at Gnu-Linux

Best of Luck and happy to help any way I can. :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks