• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Some Good Topic Despite The Workload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I know that most of us can see things starting to taper off a little. Only 4 new orders yesterday so it must be slowing down.

In spite of the workload that we've had now for the past several months, it has been refreshing to see the quality of the posts and the give and take of discussion that goes on here on this BB.

I personally like to take a look at the BB just after I get up in the morning when I'm doing some downloads and just before jumping into the hot tub. It seems to get the mind going and focused on appraisal work. During the day, I check the e-mail and bounce into the forum to look at a topic. It provides a good break between reports. Some I note, like to chime in late evening.

Whenever we happen to climb aboard this appraisal express, it speaks well, that so many take time to exchange ideas, to vent, to ask and to learn.

If things continue to slow and return to a normal pace, it will soon be time to count noses and make sure we did not loose anybody off of this wild ride we've been on. I've seen it called the greatest refinancing boom in history. Maybe so. All I know is that having this BB allowed a lot of us to know that we were not alone in our efforts to take care of our clients and get the job done right.

Well done, my friends.

EDWARD BERRY

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
RICHARD,

Thanks for you comments.

There were only 4-5 appraisers in out 2 County area when I started,

We had to drive to Tulsa(110 miles) or to Little Rock just see another appraiser.

Now, some times in a matter of minutes we can has the experience of many, many helpful people.

And, some time we even get a DIFFERENT slant on an issue.

TAPESTREACHERS OF THE WORLD, keep it up.

Wayne has promoted professional appraisal work more than any one person I know.

Got to go, looks like we will be back to 30/week next month.

Gratefully yours, ed

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Hi, my name is Mike and I am an "appraisersforumholic".

I wake up about 5 in the morning and can't steady my hands until I run to home office and check the email for new forum postings.

Usually takes about 15 minutes to run through the latest postings. My breathing slows, my blood pressure declines, and I feel this nice warm glow seeing posts from the likes of LeAnn, Pam, Dee Dee, and Richard.

By noon I need another fix so I log on and quickly scan for new topics. What a rush...posting some witty comment and adding a :rofl:

Before rushing off to teach a four hour segment of the "Registered Appraisers Course" I always check the Water Cooler lite for the latest joke or humorous item so I can steal it and look really good to my students.

Finally, about 10:30PM...as I drag my tired and sorry butt into the house...the last thing I do is check the forum to see who has requested a copy of my inspection form.

So, as you can see, my entire day revolves around the appraiser's forum. I am hopelessly hooked. I am, sadly, an Appraiser's Forum Junkie.

Step One....Admit who you are.

Stay tuned for step two..................

Claudia Cullen

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
O.K. Mike G., I will admit that I too, am an AppraisersForum Junkie :redface: Who else would be reading / posting at 2:12 A.M. (east coast time) but another junkie? :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks