• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Some really BAD news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Seems D.P. has friends on the Board that CLAIM she has done nothing wrong. & these guys sing praises of her talents as the administrator. Now in the event unless something with massive proof can be brought forward ASAP she WILL be the rep for Appraisers in the new merger. Basically what that will mean IF she likes you anything you do will be OK. This new proposed merger means NO open meetings, No recourse. This could result in worse conditions than we already have. We need to convince the legislator that we at least need an real live Appraiser with vast experience representing the Appraisers.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Karl. I despise what appraisal boards have let happen to the public, to users of appraisal services and to honest appraisers. I believe that there are appraisal board members and staff that should be sleeping in a jail cell this very night. There are board members that I know and would not spit on them if they were on fire. Too many have obtained their positions in unethical ways and then used their positions in a disgraceful manner.

However........

Where did you get the notion that state appraisal boards are in place to
"represent the appraisers"?

Not in your state,...and not in ANY state (that I am aware of) does the appraisal board represent appraisers.

MISSION STATEMENT (Arizona Appraisal Board)

TO PROMOTE QUALITY REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL IN ARIZONA THAT PROTECTS THE HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE OF THE PUBLIC

The Board accomplishes its mission by ensuring that all Arizona appraisers meet the education, experience and examination criteria established by the

Appraiser Qualifications Board of The Appraisal Foundation.

The Board registers property tax agents.

The Board acts as a disciplinary body to ensure conformity with the

statutes, rules and regulations governing the Board.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Notice on the ABoA website.

**** This website is being restructured. Please check back on 02.12.08 for updated material ****

ARIZONA BOARD OF APPRAISAL

1400 West Washington, Suite 360

Phoenix, Arizona 85007

(602) 542-1539

Fax: (602) 542-1598

Email: [email protected]

CindyR

Professional Status
State
Arizona
mission statement

MISSION STATEMENT (Arizona Appraisal Board)

TO PROMOTE QUALITY REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL IN ARIZONA THAT PROTECTS THE HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE OF THE PUBLIC

The Board accomplishes its mission by ensuring that all Arizona appraisers meet the education, experience and examination criteria established by the

I've been considering challenging this mission statment. I think what I do is very important but I do not think it protects the health, safety and welfare of the public. Maybe when I require some FHA repair or inspection but most of the time I am only concerned with the financial issues of the transaction. I guess now it does not matter. How do we get some public exposure on this proposal?

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Due to the Board not doing their job at sanctioning, fining or whatever you want to call it. The Board fails their job by not protecting the public trust.

I know that the Board is NOT suppose to protect the Appraiser & should NOT be. BUT it APPEARS in AZ that Some may be being protected by the Administrator of the Board.

Anyone that has examples of cases brought to the Board or THOUGHT they were brought to the ENTIRE Board, & the outcome was far from your expectations please Box em up & bring them so we can present them either at the Feb21 Board meeting or the March 11 AI sponsored "Whatever they're calling it" Seminar, meeting, talk, whatever!! Please keep them limited to the time of the current administrator. IF you have cases that never got heard PLEASE put them on top as priority!!

Dave is your Posse ready???

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Doug....you are no more frustrated than I am.

The simple truth is that there is no organization, group, board or commission that is interested in the appraisal profession. Some are interested in their own members but none have the best interest of the profession nor the best interest of the public.

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Doug....you are no more frustrated than I am.

The simple truth is that there is no organization, group, board or commission that is interested in the appraisal profession. Some are interested in their own members but none have the best interest of the profession nor the best interest of the public.

Could not have said it better. My quiestion to myself is WHY am I even trying I have everything i need, I take 8 weeks a year off & many 3 & 4 day weekends. & I have no reason to fight this battle cause those coming up the ranks after I'm gone sure as h$!! don't seem to care. But yet I know when I get a call tomorrow I'll get excited & go meet with these guys & see what I can learn. I just can't seem to give up. I been warned that I need to cool it down cause the BOARD will come after me. NOW THEN I'll have something to really post.

Hey Charlie: Although you supposedly can't go after a Trainee you could look at the files in that "Camp" & Nail the Mentor for being in 6 places that are scattered throughout two counties & he could NOT be at ALL 6 on the same day.

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I have never worried one nano-second about the NCAB coming after me.

1) I really don't think they would do that, have never thought that happens to on a regular basis.

2) They really don't want to do that, just not a smart move and nothing to gain.

3) They are really stupid about making comments about me and discussing me with people that smile and agree and then email me with the details. I have boxes of emails and a long list of witneses to call if they want to take me on in court.

Let me pause and say hellow to the folks that monitor this forrum on a regular basis. Hi folks!

Karl, people that agree with what you say, believe what you say and tell you to cool it....are just cowards. If I had to live my life in fear of men......I would not have a life worth living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks