• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Sony Cd Mavica - 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry McDaniel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Texas
OK - I was one of the original uses of this forum; however, it has been a long time as I have been a little busy!! I purchased a CD Mavica 250 about two weeks ago and thought I had found the answer to all of my problems. The primary problem now is that the pictures are extremely bright. So bright that sometimes I cannot tell where the house is. So...what am I doing wrong? Yes, I have read the book and I cannot figure out what to change to make the situation better. Thanks for your help. Terry McDaniel, Big Spring, TX.

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Terry,

I don't have a CD Mavica...but all of the one's I have have the same display on the LCD...so hopefully your's is similar.. First, look on the LCD for the exposure number. It will have EV after it, if it's there. IS it really high???? If so or if not, look on the LCD, go to "Camera" push the big Menu button up and you should get a pop up box with options in it. Look for Exposure. Push the big menu button again. What is it set on??? + exposure lightens the photos. - exposure darkens them. Mine are always too dark so I use a +0.7 exposure. If yours is at 0 already, you may have to use a negative number. Just bump it down or up with the Menu button.

If you change the exposure, try a few photos outside of the office before you go out into the field for inspections. ALso, sometimes when you recharge, you lose the exposure settings so check them after you recharge, especially if the battery went dead in the field.

Ben

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Terry, I have that camera and sounds like Ben is on the right track. That is where I would start.

Press the menu button on the back. Look through the menu and find the one labled EV. Its the first item, besure it is set to read OEV. I suspect you will find it set to a + number.

Let us know if that works (or doesn't)

Terry McDaniel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
:lol: YAHOO!!! Thanks gentlemen. I'll report back after I do my 150 mile journey today looking at "stuff" in West Texas. TerryMcDaniel

Terry McDaniel

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Final report - I ran it down to a +0.7 and it still was too bright. I took some comp pics yesterday afternoon in the bright sunlight and ran it down to a +2.0 and it worked very well. It is difficult sometimes in West Texas to shoot into the sunlight as it is so bright. I may have to adjust each pic; but, I will continue working with it. It is pretty cool to be able to go to three different communities, do two appraisals in each and shoot all the comps on one cd. Thanks for your help. TMC

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Terry,

If the photos are too bright, you should be reducing the EV to 0 or below-not in the positive range

W

walt kirk

I also use a mavica and I have found that although the display on the camera may be hard to see, the pictures displayed on my computer screen are of better quality. I don't know why, maybe my computer software, but I normally have a useable picture.

Tim The Enchanter

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
It is difficult sometimes in West Texas to shoot into the sunlight as it is so bright.

Same in CA. Try not shooting into the Sun. Position yourself so the sun is at an angle, Not straight on. If possible put the sun at your back for the pics. That's best. :D If you have to shoot into the sun, shade your eyes, but really shade the lens. With your clipboard. :beer:

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Most digital cameras have two settings, one for image exposure and another for the LCD screen. I bet you can find it some where in preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks