• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Sony Mavica Fd75 Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Riggs

Sophomore Member
In direct sunlight the pictures of an entire house come out dark. If I zoom in they lighten up but then you don't get a shot of the entire house. I have tryed some of the different camera settings but they don't seem to make much difference.

Has anyone had this problem? :confused:

Thanks

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
I am reasonably sure there is a setting on your camera to adjust for bright sun. My kodaks have an exposure compensation setting in preferences. During the summer in bright sun and clear skies I need to adjust a full setting (f stop).

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
I have a different Mavica and on it, don't know about yours, I can quickly shift to spot metering. It meter the light as implied, in a small spot center of the image. I have to shift to that sometimes and it cures that problem. See if you have spot metering.

If not I am sure you have exposure compensation. Lets you override the meter to brighten or lighten the image. Just have to read the manual to see how.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
David I'm unsure what year your camera was manufactured, but with my Mavica I only need to adjust the program feature to "bright sun" which has the palm tree icon. I always leave my quality settings on standard. I can only recall a couple of shots where the quality was what I would consider poor. Maybe in your particular pic the sun was directly behind the house. The only pics I ever worry about are those of the subject. If it's a comp photo and the underwriter is having a cow, remind them the photos aren't going on the cover of National Geographic. :)

David Riggs

Sophomore Member
thanks all.

Bobby I will try the palm tree. The sun was right behind the house and that might be the issue. I guess I could try from a side angle.

David

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Youse didn't say that the first time....no way you can get a good pic under those conditions...ask me! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks