• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Sony Mavica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
My camera died this morning. Anyone have a Sony Mavica they want to sell? This is the camera that records photos on a floppy disc. They are not making them anymore and I am too old to change.

Offshore

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Mike try Ebay, the last time I needed one I found one there at a good price. I love my Mavica.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I see a few on eBay.
http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZmavicaQ20floppyQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

Walfart had the FD200 a couple of years ago, an excellent upgrade in the FD series. A little bigger screen that the 73 and offers a memory stick backup, for when those pesky floppies decide they don't want to work 50 miles from the office.

Good luck.

That's what happened to me this AM. I have the updated model and when I opened the memory stick cabinet, there WAS none. I got this one used off EBAY a couple years ago. When using the memory stick, do you just plug the camera into your computer? I have no instructions for this camera.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
What model do you have? Should say on the top part of the camera (MCV-FD200).

You can buy a memory stick at your local Bestbuy or other electronic store for $20+/-.

Let's get you fixed before 5pm.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
My camera died this morning. Anyone have a Sony Mavica they want to sell? This is the camera that records photos on a floppy disc. They are not making them anymore and I am too old to change.

I've got one that I haven't used in several years. PM me and we can talk.

Scott

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Mike,

I had three Mavicas and loved them, except when a disk failed. Do yourself a favor and get a modern camera. I have not lost a single photo since I got a new camera 4 years ago. You dont have to spend a bunch to take the quality of photos we need for Appraising. Most people buy way too much camera, and then wind up reducing the resolution on the camera, or software, to a reasonable level for appraising. I've been using an inexpensive Canon Powershot A560 with excelennt and reliable results, and no complaints over photo quality.

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Mike, I just checked my Mavica and it no longer works. I do have one that records on the mini cd that works very well. I agree with Tom Woolford. Invest in a cheap digital less than $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks