• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Speaking of divorce work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug in NC

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Would someone mind sharing a copy of an agreement they may use when working with clients in a divorce situation? I occasionally get requests for these assignments, so I would like to be prepared if I am ever asked to appear in court as a result of a dispute in appraisal values. I DON'T want to be testifying as a freebie. Thanks.

Doug

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
My new way is to get paid up front and tell them why. I figure 2 full days testimony and add to the bill. Since it needs to be double checked and documented to the inth degree, my charge is roughly double a fee before I add two days of testimony time.

Otherwise, I might add some sort of text to the effect that if required to be deposed or testify in court because of this appraisal, regardless which side subpoenaed me, the client (one or both) agrees to pay at a set fee for testimony and agrees to allow me to place a lien on the property until such time as the bill is paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks