• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Staff Appraiser Salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I was very recently told by a local Cert Res that they had an income of approximately $150,000 with the Employer expectation of 8 reports within 14 days.

Please chime in. Realistic or not?

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Ha ! Tell us where this dream job is so we can all apply for it. I've interviewed with 5 major companies over the recent past years and was offered salaries between 28k-35k (which Is why I never took any of the jobs). They do offer a system of making additional money with bonuses over salary for higher volume, a stingy (imo) $ bonus for each additional report...one would have to work pretty hard to make 60-80k, 150k, either that person is jerking you around or they have the rare exception job...maybe they are also a reviewer or regional manager.? why not do your own research, apply for some jobs, look at posts on this board. CoreLogic per a number of people here report offers staff appraiser base pay of $17 an hour.

Lynne

Professional Status
State
Florida
Ha ! Tell us where this dream job is so we can all apply for it. I've interviewed with 5 major companies over the recent past years and was offered salaries between 28k-35k (which Is why I never took any of the jobs). They do offer a system of making additional money with bonuses over salary for higher volume, a stingy (imo) $ bonus for each additional report...one would have to work pretty hard to make 60-80k, 150k, either that person is jerking you around or they have the rare exception job...maybe they are also a reviewer or regional manager.? why not do your own research, apply for some jobs, look at posts on this board. CoreLogic per a number of people here report offers staff appraiser base pay of $17 an hour.

Thanks for the reply. I've fought the urge for the last 10 years to apply for a staff position and am sad to say I agree that this person is jerking me around.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Where do they work, since they are jerking you around? Or is it top secret...

Lynne

Professional Status
State
Florida
Where do they work, since they are jerking you around? Or is it top secret...

Not comfortable with disclosing any other info. Especially since we're both in FL J Grant :)

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Do you have an HP-12c?

Of course the math doesn't work.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Boo hoo no fun! I understand though..

Lynne

Professional Status
State
Florida
Do you have an HP-12c?

Of course the math doesn't work.

Yep, I got that during the conversation. I was curious as to the responses I would get. LOL JTip you scared them all away ;)

Michigander

Professional Status
State
Michigan
I have never seen a staff salary that high. Seems to be getting into chief appraiser range almost.

biker4ever

Professional Status
State
Washington
regardless of being fee or staff, we should all be above 100k..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks