• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
First VA appraisal completed for STARS (STARS (DBA as Speedy Title & Appraisal Review Services LLC) AMC license # (1429)

They appear to think they can treat a VA appraisal like an AMC treats a conventional appraisal. Will update this thread once the initial issue is resolved, that the VA appraiser is not allowed to discuss the appraisal with anyone except VA or an SAR.

GA Birddog

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Georgia
First VA appraisal completed for STARS (STARS (DBA as Speedy Title & Appraisal Review Services LLC) AMC license # (1429)

They appear to think they can treat a VA appraisal like an AMC treats a conventional appraisal. Will update this thread once the initial issue is resolved, that the VA appraiser is not allowed to discuss the appraisal with anyone except VA or an SAR.
Stick to your guns!!

sandpiperapp

Professional Status
State
New York
Yes I had some difficulties with them asking for items that are not VA requirements. Stick to your guns and hopefully the RLC will have your back.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Stars: Like a dirty ol' girlfriend that shows up when you are having dinner with your wife.

Twas a long time ago though, maybe she cleaned up her act....(doubt it).....

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
VA is under a lot of pressure due to slow turnaround and other issues , I remember back in the day when FHA was like VA so I would not be surprised to see VA go the same way. The money center banks control the world and they hate the VA system : ) LOL

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
STARS will send out their stupid appraiser requirements and delivery requirements as a canned email that they send to all appraisers. Simply ignore their requirements and upload to the VA portal as required. Unless you are referring to something else, but that is my history with them.

Ca Ar Independent

Professional Status
State
California
I hate Stars. Gave them the boot years ago. I hope the RLC backs you like they do with other inane requests from lenders unfamiliar with VA protocol. It's a good day when the VA puts "the appraiser is not required to change the report".

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
Inane request is right. Appraiser to revise report and state why one comparable was older than six months. That was STARS only request, arriving from a non-SAR. Could have asked the poor processor to please re-read the sale comparison comments, but that assumes they were read at all. Not a word back from STARS.

STARS note in the VA portal-

Awaiting revision from appraiser to comment on comp 1 which sold more than 6 months prior to the effective date of the appraisal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks